Four Park City High seniors were named winners at last night’s (May 7, 2020) 48th annual Sterling Scholar awards ceremony for the Northeast Region. In addition, seven PCHS seniors were also named runner-ups. Students competed with top students from 18 high schools.
Each student is required to present a portfolio of work in a specific category, be interviewed by judges, and advanced at the high school and finals levels. From finalists in each of 16 categories, and one overall Sterling Scholar winner is selected.
PCHS Sterling Scholar winners include:
– Sydney LaPine: English
– Sydney Senn: Science
– Annabella Miller: Skilled & Technical Science Education
– Mary Hurner: World Languages
PCHS runner-up awards include:
– Molly Gallagher: Business & Marketing
– Gabriel Sherman: Computer Technology
– Liam Hanrahan: Instrumental Music
– Jack Skidmore: Mathematics
– Siri Ahern: Social Science
– Emma Sundahl: Vocal Performance
– Eleanor Ball: General Scholarship
The Deseret News and KSL Broadcast Group developed the Sterling Scholar program to focus attention on outstanding high school seniors. The purpose is to recognize them publicly as well as award cash scholarships and tuition waivers from participating institutions.